We’re just a little over a week from the start of games across this fair nation, and that means it’s time to preview each of the major seven basketball conferences on the RTC Podcast. This week we’ll unveil previews for the Big East (Tuesday), Big Ten (Wednesday), SEC (Thursday) and Pac-12 (Friday), with the AAC, ACC and Big 12 to come next week. As always, Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114) is our talented and engaging host, leading the group through a series of topics and questions related to the upcoming season. For this podblast, we invited RTC SEC microsite correspondent Brian Joyce (@bjoyce_hoops) to the program, as he helped us consider whether this year’s league will be another version of Kentucky & Everyone Else.
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record. And don’t forget to check out our 2013-14 Preseason Podcast, the National Edition, and feel free to contact us through Twitter or email — we’re listening.
The rundown is below if you’d like to skip around.
- 0:00-10:04 – Is This Kentucky Team More Like 2012 or 2013?
- 10:04-14:44 – Florida as a Contender
- 14:44-21:00 – Anyone Else in the SEC Going to be Good?
- 21:00-23:16 – Randy Rejects Tennessee as a Potential Favorite Team
- 23:16-24:48 – MARSHALL HENDERSON!
- 24:48-29:24 – Other SEC Stars
- 29:24-30:33 – Underrated SEC Players
- 30:33-33:41 – Impact of Frank Haith’s Suspension on Mizzou and the Rest of the SEC