The RTC Podblast: Big Ten Preseason EditionPosted by rtmsf on October 30th, 2013
We’re just a little over a week from the start of games across this fair nation, and that means it’s time to preview each of the major seven basketball conferences on the RTC Podcast. This week we’ll unveil previews for the Big East (Tuesday), Big Ten (Wednesday), SEC (Thursday) and Pac-12 (Friday), with the AAC, ACC and Big 12 to come next week. As always, Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114) is our talented and engaging host, leading the group through a series of topics and questions related to the upcoming season. On this podblast, we invited RTC Big Ten microsite correspondent Deepak Jayanti (@dee_b1g) to the program, as he helped us determine if the depth of the Big Ten means that this is still the best basketball league in America.
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record. And don’t forget to check out our 2013-14 Preseason Podcast, the National Edition, and feel free to contact us through Twitter or email — we’re listening.
The rundown is below if you’d like to skip around.
- 0:00-4:43 – Is Michigan State a Title Contender?
- 4:43-10:12 – Spartan’s Challengers (Michigan, Ohio State, Indiana, Wisconsin)
- 10:12-12:23 – Surprise Teams (Northwestern, Purdue)
- 12:23-13:54 – Can Iowa Justify the Preseason Buzz?
- 13:54-16:22 – Randy’s New Favorite Team – Big Ten Style
- 16:22-18:11 – Big Ten Player of the Year Discussion
- 18:11-19:18 – Players Ready to Make the Leap
- 19:18-20:47 – Players Set to Disappoint
- 20:47-22:40 – Under the Radar Stars
- 22:40-23:34 – Wolverine State Rivalry
- 23:34-25:29 – Is the Big Ten Still King?