We heard you! After some polite gnashing of teeth in the Twitterverse — the best hashtag was clearly #freethepod — we finally got our collective acts in gear at the same time long enough to record another RTC Podcast. We’re going to try to get this thing moving again on the regular twice-weekly schedule, but make sure to blame Shane (@sconnolly114 #blameshane) if we don’t! This week we take the time to dig into the first four weeks of the regular season, discussing what we think we’ve learned at this early stage and looking forward to the next three months. We also invited RTC national columnist Bennet Hayes (@hoopstraveler) along for the ride, and we hope to have him on board more often than not this season.
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record, and feel free to contact us through Twitter or email — we’re listening.
- 0:00-8:53 – What does Gonzaga’s impressive start mean?
- 8:53-11:52 – Villanova, Virginia and convincing the country they are for real
- 11:52-15:29 – Surprise teams that are legit
- 15:29-18:10 – Early impressive victories
- 18:10-27:15 – Conferences that helped or hurt themselves so far
- 27:15-38:15 – Kentucky’s dominant start
- 38:15-43:58 – Duke’s almost as dominant start
- 43:58-52:48 – You, Me and the AP – Maryland, Michigan State, UNC
- 52:48-56:26 – Moving past finals week