It was a slower than slow week last week around College Basketball Land, but we were rewarded for our wait with an exciting weekend of early-season blockbusters. In this week’s RTC Podcast, hosted by Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114), the guys break down all the big games of the weekend, starting with Arizona’s comeback win over Michigan in Ann Arbor, and work our way through all the compelling action from last weekend. We also discussed our favorite players to watch in the entire college hoops landscape this season, and were honored to have ESPN analyst Jay Bilas join us for this week’s Rush the Take, where he extolled on some of the teams he’s seen recently, talks some Jimmy V (the coach and the event), and reflects on his longtime nemesis, the NCAA. It’s great stuff, and you should definitely have a listen.
The complete rundown is below. Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record. And feel free to contact us through Twitter or email — we’re listening.
- 0:00-4:43 – Arizona Reinforces Its #1 Ranking
- 4:43-8:56 – UNC Notches Another Big Win…
- 8:56-14:16 – …and Kentucky Notches Another Disappointing Loss
- 14:16-17:33 – CyHawk Rivalry Produces Some Hilton Magic on Friday Night
- 17:33-19:11 – Other Weekend Highlights
- 19:11-32:15 – Rush the Take With Jay Bilas
- 32:15-38:26 – Favorite Players To Watch
- 38:26-47:01 – Previewing This Week