Only two weeks left (no, not the election… the first games!)…
- Remember Nate Miles? He’ll be playing for the College of Southern Idaho next year.
- Gary Parrish all-americans: Curry, Collison, Hansbrough, Harongody & Griffin. We only disagree on one (wanna guess which?). While we’re at it, here’s his top 40 guards.
- Big East media picks – UConn, Louisville, Pitt, Notre Dame in that order. POY – Harongody. ROY – S. Samuels, G. Monroe.
- The Stephen Curry show at Davidson’s Midnight Madness.
- Georgia Tech’s D’Andre Bell will miss the season after getting diagnosed with spinal stenosis (the same injury TJ Ford had a while back) – he averaged 7 ppg last year and is considered one of the Jackets’ top defenders.
- This will be a fantastic story if Santa Clara forward John Bryant has a great year after being stabbed in an altercation last month.
- Don’t know how we missed this one, but UCLA great John Wooden turned 98 last week, and subsequently had his car taken away from him by his family. Ouch.
- Must… Resist… Urge…
- Basketball Interview Challenge does a great job interviewing hoops personalities. For example, we had no idea that former Michigan great Cazzie Russell was coaching for an art school in Savannah, GA. Keep it coming, JZ.