Some post-Memorial Day items of interest…
- Former Georgetown guard Jeremiah Rivers will transfer to Indiana (perhaps he sees immediate PT awaiting in 2009-10?).
- Who’s coming back? Memphis guard Antonio Anderson, Marquette guard Jerel McNeal and Alabama guard Alonzo Gee declared their intentions to return to school, ensuring that Memphis will have at least one starter back from its national runner-up team. One intriguing name who is still undecided, WVU’s Joe Alexander, described his daily routine in Vegas getting ready for the pre-draft camp.
- Speaking of which, the Orlando Pre-Draft Camp begins tomorrow. Here is the list of players invited.
- Frank Burlison at Scout.com has an interesting rumors/tidbits report on where players are likely to land in the NBA Draft – his most interesting takes were questioning Michael Beasley’s true size (6’8ish?) and Robin Lopez getting selected before his more accomplished brother, Brook.
- It’s official – Mike Jarvis will take over as the head man at Florida Atlantic.
- There will be no payout for Bill Duffy Associates, the agency allegedly supplying OJ Mayo with money through street agent urchin Rodney Guillory, as Mayo has “restructured” his inner circle by parting ways with his BDA agent, Calvin Andrews.
- Will the Class of 2008 produce far fewer 1-and-dones than the last two years?
- We always thought there was something bizarre about the NCAA F4 ticket-request process. Looks like we weren’t the only ones.
- We’ll end with Joakim Noah’s completely unsurprising evening in Gainesville Saturday night.