Morning Five: 05.11.10 Edition
Posted by rtmsf on May 11th, 2010
- The buzz yesterday was in regard to a report from 810 WHB in Kansas City that the Big Ten has made offers to four schools to join its conference, including Big 12 members Missouri and Nebraska as well as independent Notre Dame and the Big East’s Rutgers. We’ll have more up on this later today, but so far, mum is the word at the four schools with denials from all interested parties. Which means there’s probably something to this report. We’ll know when we know.
- Four St. Bonaventure players were fined $250 each for their roles in a March on-campus fight that resulted in two men getting stabbed. They each pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct charges, which are civil violations in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- Creighton guard P’Allen Stinnett, who has not played since January, has been booted from the team by new head coach Greg McDermott.
- Reading the tea leaves on Brandon Knight’s ‘commitment’ to Kentucky paints an interesting what-if scenario that has John Calipari leaving UK later this summer to coach Lebron James wherever he ends up.
- You saw our revised Top 25 yesterday taking into account the early entries returning to school; here’s Luke Winn’s Power Sixteen.
Leave a Reply