10.15.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on October 14th, 2008
There’s a lot of news out there today… which only means one thing…
- Goodman continues on his crusade to expose the underbelly of the game with today’s lead – the father of UK’s new hotshot recruit, Daniel Orton, was paid three times over the summer to give talks at Billy Gillispie’s camp. This is completely legal, by the way. Discuss.
- Too many preseason/holiday tourneys? ESPN announced today that the Diamond Head Classic will begin in 2009 at the University of Hawaii. It will finish up on Christmas Day, which will provide a nice collegiate alternative to the annual Shaq-Kobe matchup in the NBA.
- Please read this, “conference fans.” It’s even truer in basketball.
- Is it sad or compelling that this endorsement could tip North Carolina to Obama in three weeks?
- Ok, great. Players are graduating more than they used to. But is that because they’re committed to the degree program or schools are making it easier to get that degree?
- A quick Class of 2009 recruiting update from NW Wins, as well as a nice overview of the likelihood of Carolina running the table in the regular season this year.
- WAC coaches pick Nevada to win their conference, while Big South coaches/media picked Winthrop to win it again.
- NBCSports picks AJ Price, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Tyler Hansbrough and Luke Harongody as its all-americans. We’re just not feeling Price, sorry UConn fans.
- Parrish thinks that this year’s Florida squad will be quite a bit better than last year’s, and we can’t say that we really disagree with that.
- Andy Katz assures us that KU’s 2008 national title is safe in light of the re-opening case of Darrell Arthur’s HS transcripts. You know, because we were worried, or something.
- He also gives his preseason view of 37 teams that he thinks can make a run next March.
- Hey, we’ve always been Stacy Dales fans, BC! Even when she was married to someone named Schulman. Looks like we may not be able to root out Psycho T for her attention, though.