The RTC Podcast: Rankings vs. Resume EditionPosted by rtmsf on January 22nd, 2014
We’re a bit later this week because of some issues involving Richard Sherman, MLK Day and a snowstorm named Janus (seriously?), we’re back with this week’s RTC Podcast. Of course, if you were already an iTunes subscriber, you would have already listened to the recording because it dropped much earlier on Wednesday over there. We highly suggest that you make it a part of your regular podcast rotation by subscribing on iTunes. What’s the worst that could happen?
In this week’s edition, hosted by the inimitable Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114), we forgo the Rush the Takes segment in favor of really digging into the key midseason question of distinguishing between a team’s ranking and a team’s resume. And never the twain shall meet. We go back and forth on this during a discussion of several teams, and as always, have a great time doing it. The full rundown is below.
- 0:00-7:52 – Kansas and the End of the Big 12 Title Race
- 7:52-18:22 – Fallout From Creighton’s Three-Point Shooting Clinic in Philly
- 18:22-23:50 – Syracuse and Pitt Have a Classic Big East Battle (in the ACC)
- 23:50-28:59 – #RootForTheSuit and #CheerForTheEars in the Rankings
- 28:59-33:50 – Concern for Struggling Teams
- 33:50-38:54 – You, Me and the AP (Florida)
- 38:54-44:13 – You, Me and the AP (Louisville)
- 44:13-47:33 – Week Preview