Morning Five: 04.13.10 EditionPosted by rtmsf on April 13th, 2010
The Morning Five is back, you know you missed it…
- There is some weirdness surrounding Kentucky’s Patrick Patterson (considering sticking around for his senior year?) and hotshot Euro recruit Enes Kanter (did he take $600k to play in Turkey?). Oh, and assistant coach Rod Strickland was arrested for DUI over the weekend — his FOURTH time in the last twelve years. One thing you can say about John Calipari’s program is that it’s never boring or lacking in interesting news.
- Overall #2 player in the junior high school class Marquis Teague has narrowed his list down to the final five schools: Louisville, Kentucky, Purdue, Indiana, and Cincinnati. A very midwestern flavor among that quintet. We still think he joins Rick Pitino at Louisville, ultimately.
- Is Kansas getting new uniforms? We don’t have confirmation of this, but some of the buzz suggests that yes, they are.
- With Fran McCaffery acting as the new sheriff in town, Iowa is losing players hand over fist — sophomore Aaron Fuller and two 2010 signees, Ben Brust and Cody Larson, have all left the program in recent days.
- Two Providence freshmen players, Johnnie Lacy and James Still, were both charged with assault on a fellow student stemming from an incident early Monday morning.