Morning Five: 01.14.10 EditionPosted by rtmsf on January 14th, 2010
- Ken Pomeroy does what he does and concludes that, when you break down games by minutes 1-40, it’s the first minute of the game where offenses are the least aggressive. Somewhere, some coach will read this and try to put his energizer bunny reserve in for the first couple of minutes of the game. Guaranteed.
- UCLA’s J’Mison Morgan will miss at least two weeks with a torn quad in his right leg. Despite his pedigree, Morgan doesn’t play much (only 8 MPG), but it’s been that kind of a year for Ben Howland in Westwood.
- Rutgers transfer Greg Echinique will re-surface at Creighton, which was one of his finalists coming out of high school. Big, big get for the mid-major power in Omaha.
- Could everyone have been completely wrong about “Born Ready” as an uncoachable cancer to a team? This article by Paul Daugherty suggests that Lance Stephenson only needed a change of environment to “out here” aka Cincinnati to get his head straight.
- Several hours before UNC got smashed by Clemson, the UNC bus got smashed by a Clemson student (photo below from Larry Drew II’s tweet). Roy must have known he was in for a tough night when this happened.