03.03.09 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on March 3rd, 2009
Hey all, its your faithful intern here trying to bring you the best reading material from across the interweb. You may not have noticed, but there was no Fast Breaks yesterday, so today’s will be longer and will dip into yesterday’s stories as well…Enjoy!!
- The Washington Post questions the legality of Under Armour’s relationship with Maryland and Lance Stephenson.
- Jim Calhoun just can’t escape his infamous press conference, now legislators are getting involved.
- Terrence Williams isn’t just a versatile forward. Apparently, he is also the team comedian.
- Shawn Siegel has his new version of Bracketology out.
- Its been just two days but that is just enough time for Jeff Goodman to take a look at the bubble twice, and the second one is here. Apparently Florida State and Tennessee fans don’t need to hold their breath anymore, and Notre Dame can start looking at the NIT
- Former Syracuse star Damone Brown was busted as a part of a cocaine ring.
- Andy Staples of SI takes an interesting look at how Jim Calhoun‘s salary stacks up against some other CEOs in business.
- Seth Davis answers his mail and takes a peek at Top 10 candidates for coach of the year, although personally I don’t know how you can select Arizona‘s Russ Pennell.
- You think Robin was the best sidekick ? Let’s see how these college basketball sidekicks measure up.
- While the UCONN men are looking to stay atop the polls, the women finished up their regular season undefeated.
- Bizzaro Joe Lunardi takes his March 2nd look at what his namesake has in his newest bracket.
- No matter what URI head coach Jimmy Baron says, it will be tough to make a case for URI in the tournament if they don’t win the A-10 tournament.
- St. Mary’s can thank their lucky stars as they will welcome back star guard Patty Mills just in time for the WCC tournament…Look out Gonzaga.
- Uh-oh. Former UK player Mike Casey threw head coach Billy Gillispie squarely under the bus in a recent interview.