02.24.09 Fast BreaksPosted by nvr1983 on February 24th, 2009
Our intern comes through with a great set of links again today.
- With Pat Knight suspended for one game, Ray Glier at NBC says blame coaches for the sport’s poor behavior.
- With Arkansas Little-Rock right in the thick of the Sun Belt Conference Title race at 20-7 (13-3), Coach Steve Shields has kicked his leading scorer off the team.
- Michigan coach John Beilein defends his decision to bench star Manny Harris for OT in the crippling loss to Iowa.
- Better late than never. . . Joe Sheehan at BP with his BracketBusters wrap-up.
- Dennis Dodd thinks Kansas is just that good, but he acknowledges that Blake Griffin averages double the nine-point difference in the game.
- Searching For Billy Edelin thinks that Georgetown is cooked. So does the Dagger.
- Former Ohio State point guard Jamar Butler likes the wacky weed
- Former SI writer Steve Rushin comes out of nowhere to write a brief essay about Marquette basketball
- The Bracket Board takes a look at the stretch run to win conference tournaments
- Apparently Kyle Whelliston loves Gordon Hayward just as much as we do. He also takes the time to break down the mid-major game of the night.
- AP thinks that the Buckeyes miss their early entrees to the draft last year…So maybe that’s why BJ Mullens doesn’t play
- Forget the tournament, Mike Brey just wants “to make it interesting”…Umm Mike, thats nice and all, but I am not sure Fighting Irish fans or boosters agree with you.
- Andy Glockner at SI becomes the latest to analyze the bubble watch.