Posted by rtmsf on December 4th, 2009
- Fordham head coach Dereck Whittenberg was fired today by the school, after getting off to a rough 1-4 start to the season this year and one day after his star player, Jio Fontan, announced he was transferring. His record was 69-112 over six-plus seasons, but last year was a nightmare (3-25, 1-15 A10) for the team and the administration obviously wasn’t satisfied that improvements were forthcoming. Assistant coach Jared Grasso will take over for the rest of the season.
- FoxSports has their NPOY watch list out, and while we certainly won’t argue with Evan Turner as the leader right now, how can there not be a single Kansas player in the top 10?
- Gary Parrish takes a closer look at why UCLA is struggling so terribly this year and what, if anything, can be done to turn it around.
- Here’s Mike DeCourcy’s first-month surprises and disappointments, and yeah, we can’t argue with any of it.
- Luke Winn’s Power 16 is the usual awesome, and not only because he mentions RTC in it (although that sure helps). But the quote in Sarah Palin’s book misattributing John Wooden (instead of John Wooden Legs) is an epic find, and has had us chuckling around here with its tailor-made fittingness.