As we’re typing this, the first college basketball game of the 2013-14 season has already begun, at the All-Military Classic in Lexington, Virginia, between Air Force and Army. This soldier-on-soldier match-up represents the first of some 10,000-plus regular season games that will be played around College Basketball Nation this season, and although there’s no organization on earth that can adequately cover, consider, review and analyze all of them, we’re certainly planning on doing our best, in this, Rush the Court‘s seventh full season of coverage.
We have some new offerings for you this year. Not everyone has time or interest in reading through thousands of lines of copy, but everyone enjoys pictures and video. To that end, we’re ramping up our TumblRTC this year to provide some fun to pair with our analysis. Additionally, there’s so much good video available nowadays that we’ve decided to build our own YouTube channel, rushthecourtTV, which is already curating some fantastic stuff — from conference-specific video streams to game highlights to oddball videos to, of course, the best RTCs of the season. It’s well worth checking out periodically if you know you’re going to have some time to kill.
Longtime readers will know that we’re also continually active on Twitter (@rushthecourt) and Facebook (rushthecourt), but to keep the visual trend going, you can also now find us on Instagram (rushthecourt) these days. We encourage everyone to find us on social media to share pics, videos and whatever else related to college hoops all season long. As we move into games, let’s take a breath and review all the great stuff that our crack staff of writers — the best in the college basketball business — have produced this month. From 20 Questions to 30 Reasons We Love College Basketball, we’ve got you covered. Enjoy the ride with us this year.
- The RTC Preseason Top 25
- The RTC Preseason All-America Teams
- The RTC NPOY and FrOY Awards
- 30 Reasons We Love College Basketball
Key Preview Questions
- Which Returning Player Makes the Leap?
- Who is This Year’s Indiana?
- Who is This Year’s Wichita State?
- Who are the Winners and Losers of Conference Realignment This Season?
- Who Will Have More Long-Term Success in LA: Alford or Enfield?
- Why is Georgetown So Incapable of March Success?
- Where Does Gonzaga Go After Last Season’s Highs and Lows?
- Does Sam Dekker Make Wisconsin a Final Four Contender?
- Can Michigan Remain Great Without Trey Burke?
- Can a Third SEC Team Emerge as a National Player?
- Can Andrew Wiggins Possibly Live Up to the Hype?
- Does Michigan’s Mitch McGary Deserve to be a Preseason All-American?
- How Will Syracuse Handle Depth at the Point Guard Position?
RTC Interview Series Previews
- AAC With Dom Amore and Jason Smith
- ACC With Len Elmore, Mike Gminski and Bret Strelow
- Big East With Jon Rothstein
- Big 12 With Fran Fraschilla and Jason King
- SEC With Dave Baker, Barry Booker and Chris Dortch
- Pac-12 With Miles Simon and Don MacLean
RTC Podcast Previews
- The RTC Podcast: Opening Weekend Edition
- The RTC Podcast: National Preview
- AAC Preseason Podblast
- ACC Preseason Podblast
- Big East Preseason Podblast
- Big Ten Preseason Podblast
- Big 12 Preseason Podblast
- Pac-12 Preseason Podblast
- SEC Preseason Podblast
Conference Microsite Previews
The Other 26 Previews
Let’s tip things off!