Some notes for your weekend of debauchery…
- It’s harder than it looks, huh? Former #1 recruit Brandon Jennings was supposed to become a trailblazer by going to Europe rather than Arizona for one year. According to this Washington Times piece, he’s averaging 5/3 in a mere 17 minutes per game. As for his peers who matriculated at US colleges, they’re not exactly tearing it up either.
- Gary Parrish points out an interesting stat about Stephen Curry’s shooting vs. BCS and non-BCS opponents this year. Definitely something to keep an eye on (although this is consistent with Curry’s 41.1% shooting against Georgetown, Wisconsin and Kansas in the NCAAs last year).
- From the completely shocking and out of character department, Jim Boeheim is upset with the terms of Eric Devendorf’s suspension from Syracuse.
- John Wooden would like to see the rims raised to some point less than eleven feet high.
- Kentucky all-time assists leader Dirk Minniefield was indicted in Houston for engaging in a fraudulent real estate scheme.
- Here’s a pretty good piece on Dick Vitale’s vocal cord problems – we love to rip the guy’s partisanship, but we’ve never wavered on his passion and love for the game.