RTC Bracketology: March 5 EditionPosted by Daniel Evans on March 5th, 2013
Daniel Evans (@bracketexpert) is RTC’s new resident bracketologist. According to Bracket Matrix, he ranks as one of the top bracketologists among those who have produced brackets for more than three years, including two seasons with perfect bracket projections. He updates the field daily on his site, Bracketology Expert, and will be producing a weekly bracket update here at RTC on Fridays. RTC Bubble Watch will publish on Sunday nights and Thursday afternoons for the rest of the season.
New in This Update:
- The No. 1 seeds are far from decided at this point. Michigan State‘s loss to Michigan on Sunday all but ended the Spartans chances, barring a Big Ten tournament championship. Both Michigan teams are now No. 3 seeds.
- Duke is also a No. 1 seed after holding off Miami (FL) on Saturday.
LAST FOUR IN: Saint Mary’s, Villanova, Tennessee, Iowa State
FIRST FOUR OUT: Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Maryland
NOTE: Projected conference champions (or auto bid winners) are in capital letters.
(full bracket after the jump)
Conference Roundup: Big East (8), Big Ten (7), Big 12 (5), Pac-12 (5), ACC (5), Atlantic 10 (5), Mountain West (5), SEC (3), Missouri Valley (2), West Coast (2)
(differences between S-curve and actual bracket seeding are the result of changes to prevent procedural errors)
- 1s: Indiana, Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas
- 2s: Georgetown, Miami (Fla.), Florida, Louisville
- 3s: Michigan, Michigan State, New Mexico, Marquette
- 4s: Arizona, Kansas State, Ohio State, Wisconisn
- 5s: Syracuse, Saint Louis, UCLA, Pittsburgh
- 6s: Oklahoma State, UNLV, Illinois, Minnesota
- 7s: Butler, Oregon, Notre Dame, VCU
- 8s: N. C. State, San Diego State, North Carolina, California
- 9s: Colorado State, Missouri, Memphis, Creighton
- 10s: Wichita State, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Colorado
- 11s: Villanova, Temple, Boise State, Virginia
- 12s: La Salle, Saint Mary’s, Belmont, Iowa State, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee
- 13s: Akron, Louisiana Tech, Bucknell, Davidson
- 14s: South Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin, Valparaiso, Princeton
- 15s: Stony Brook, Montana, Long Beach State, Mercer
- 16s: Niagara, Robert Morris, Northeastern, Southern, Norfolk State, High Point