Morning Five: 08.27.10 EditionPosted by rtmsf on August 27th, 2010
We’re going to try something new today, and you’ll likely never see it again… but it’s August, and we’re absolutely frothing at the mouth over some of the schedules coming out three months from now, so we’re sure you’ll forgive us.
- We’ve laid off this story, but we’re glad to see former Alabama forward Mikhail Torrance off the ventilator and in stable condition after a reported heart attack last weekend.
- This story by Golden Grizzlies Gameplan focuses on several returning players including Virginia Tech’s Jeff Allen, Cincinnati’s Yancy Gates and Wake Forest’s Tony Woods as players who haven’t quite lived up to potential yet. Mmmm… potential.
- Illinois head coach Bruce Weber believes in his Illini.
- Who has been more successful in the last 30+ years of college basketball — Florida or Wake Forest? These questions and many others will be answered in Basketball Reference’s countdown of the top 31 programs in the last 31 years of college hoops. Honestly, the fact that this is even in question begs huge questions about this analysis. Maybe they should put the name “Harvard” in front of it.
- C’mon DeCourcy, you’re better than that — where’s our TSN preview mag in the RTC mailbox? For those of you who also didn’t receive the copy, here’s their important info… bold to go with the Spartans over Duke.
- Michigan State
- Ohio State
- Kansas State
- North Carolina
- Virginia Tech
- Wichita State
- Florida State
TSN All-American teams:
- Kyle Singler, Duke
- Marcus Morris, Kansas
- Harrison Barnes, North Carolina
- Jimmer Fredette, BYU
- Jacob Pullen, Kansas State
- Durrell Summers, Michigan State
- Malcolm Delaney, Virginia tech
- Kris Joseph, Syracuse
- Kyrie Irving, Duke
- Jared Sullinger, Ohio State
- LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor
- Enes Kantor, Kentucky
- Nolan Smith, Duke
- JaJuan Johnson, Purdue
- Elias Harris, Gonzaga