Morning Five: 01.05.10 Edition
Posted by rtmsf on January 5th, 2010
- Joe Dumars’ son, 6’5 freshman forward Jordan (is that a joke?), has already left the South Florida program and enrolled at Michigan for the remainder of his career. He’s only played 27 minutes so far this season, scoring all six of his points in a single game against Kent State.
- Oklahoma State’s Marshall Moses was suspended for one game almost immediately after his arrest for possession of marijuana and driving on a suspended license. Averaging 11/10 on the season, he will miss tonight’s game against Coppin State.
- Tennessee update from the AD himself: “we start at dismissal and work our way backwards.” Sounds about right. Let’s hope he means it.
- USC’s Kevin O’Neill said that delivering the news to his seniors that they would not have a chance to play in the postseason was much harder than ever getting fired (and he would know!).
- Here’s Seth Davis‘ annual Stock Report. This is always a fun read, and his UNC “sell” looks particularly prescient after last night’s loss to Charleston, but there will always be a few quibbles on something like this. We will not, for example, be buying anything Florida is selling, and we are definitely unloading what little Louisville stock we still have lying around, but overall, pretty good assessment.