04.15.09 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on April 15th, 2009
Happy Income Redistribution Day, everyone!
- Who? Depaul’s Dar Tucker (Mr. 0-18, with an agent) and Southern Miss’ Jeremy Wise (no agent) have decided to throw their hats in the early entry ring as well.
- More Greg Paulus. Thought we were rid of this guy. So… he’s not good enough to play for Duke at QB, but he might be at Michigan? Wow, Rich Rodriguez has a lot further to go than we thought.
- The Man Who Replaced Wooden. Former UCLA and UAB coach Gene Bartow was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer, and will begin treatment immediately.
- Dolla Dolla Bills. Mizzou’s Mike Anderson parlayed 31 wins and an Elite 8 appearance into seven more years on his contract at a minimum of $1.35M per.
- Isiah Will Work for Free (sorta). FIU introduced Isiah Thomas as their new head coach today, and he will not take a salary of $200-300K this season (the Knicks are still paying him $12M for his final two years on his contract). Jeff Goodman thinks there’s a reasonable chance it might work out for Isiah there, maybe he took some of those sleeping pills as well? Mike Freeman has a slightly different take.
- Let’s Get Wattaded. Georgetown guard Omar Wattad will transfer out of the program, destination unknown.