11.14.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on November 14th, 2008
Well, if we can get our ESPN Full Court package to work tonight, we might actually get to watch some games… don’t hold your breath on Comcast actually coming through at the casa de RTC, though…
- Luke Winn provides his breakdown of the top 10 preseason tourneys. Goodman gives his two cents on the preseason tourneys here, his top 40 games to watch, and 65 issues facing the new season.
- This is a really cool article surveying over 300 D1 schools on various factors – offensive and defensive ideologies, player and coaching pedigrees, budgets, etc.
- Memo to new Arizona (interim) coach Russ Pennell – hiring the legendary coach’s grandson as an assistant will not get you the permanent gig.
- Just in time for the season, a civil lawsuit was dismissed against Kansas’ Sherron Collins deriving from the accusation that he had groped a woman in an elevator in May 2007.
- In case you missed it – SI’s preseason top 20. What’s with those lame regional covers? And here are Wahl, Winn and Seth Davis’ justifications for their selections.
- Gary Parrish also takes a shot at projecting the NCAA Tournament field of 65. He also wonders who Greg Paulus‘ demotion from starting PG to the bench at Duke will play out.
- A check-in with the top 25 recruits in the Class of 2009 (only seven are uncommitted). Will anyone from next year’s class follow Brandon Jennings overseas?
- Here’s mid-major guru Kyle Whelliston’s ESPN preview on the teams and players to watch this season from the mid-major leagues.