09.29.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on September 29th, 2008
Are the leaves changing colors in your town? We’re less than three weeks until Midnight Madness…
- Santa Clara center John Bryant, the WCC’s leading returner in rebounds and blocks (and second in scoring), was literally stabbed in the back this weekend. He is expected to make a full recovery.
- Andy Katz takes a look at three teams he expects are ready to rise again this season – Ohio St., Nevada, Wake Forest.
- The NYT reports that Tommy Amaker is continuing to make friends at Harvard.
- Pitt’s Jamie Dixon proves that unproven commodities who are bright and work hard can be just as (if not more) successful than the old retreads. Why does that sound strangely familiar? Another one of those unknown coaches, Wright St.’s Brad Brownell, was profiled by HoopWise as well.
- UCLA’s stalwart Darren Collison says he’s back in Westwood to win that elusive national title.
- Jeff Goodman puts a gun to the head of two top recruiting gurus and forces them to predict where the 2009 Top 10 prospects will end up. If true, Memphis will be scary good in 2010.
- Siena is seeking to become the new Gonzaga, er, Davidson.