05.12.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on May 12th, 2008
Your weekend news and notes…
- OJ, OJ, OJ, OJ, OJ…
- In the wake of the Kelvin Sanctions fiasco, Indiana has responded to the five major NCAA allegations and believes that it has already punished flagellated itself enough. Since IU is painting Sampson as the fall guy, he felt the need to defend himself in a separate letter to the NCAA.
- The NCAA is proposing a change to the college goaltending rule to make it mesh with the NBA version – a ball that hits the backboard may no longer be blocked whether it is moving in an upward or downward motion. Our biggest pet peeve, the lack of a collegiate block/charge restricted area under the basket, was merely “discussed.” Wonderful.
- Orchestration, or tampering, Coach Crean? Say what you really mean.
- Kentucky’s Derrick Jasper has decided to transfer closer to home.
- Andy Glockner writes that Davidson as the “new Gonzaga” is fraught with challenges.
- Vegas Watch breaks down odds on who will be #1 in the draft.
- Speaking of which, one Who? (Missouri’s Leo Lyons) decided to return to school, while another Who? (Duquesne’s Shawn James) decided to stay in the NBA Draft.
- STF took a look at the 69 early entries (now 68!) and breaks each player down into a probable spot.
- The Anxious Tar Heel has a solid breakdown of the percentages of an early entry a) getting invited to the Orlando Predraft Camp, and b) getting drafted from there.