04.06.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on April 6th, 2008
A few news and notes to cover on the penultimate day of the season…
- Louisville forward Earl Clark parlayed his scintillating NCAA numbers (15/8/7 blks) into a decision to go pro – no word on whether he’ll hire an agent. He joins teammate Derrick Caracter, who apparently declared his intentions last week.
- Arizona freshman and surefire lottery pick Jerryd Bayless also declared his intention to go pro. He averaged 20/4 assts last season, and never got a chance to play for the coach who recruited him, Lute Olson.
- Another one-and-done, Indiana’s Eric Gordon, is also leaving school for the NBA Draft. This surprises absolutely nobody, and leaves IU in rough shape for next season (although Armon Basssett reportedly wants to speak with Crean about rejoining the Hoosiers).
- Not Knight. Texas assistant coach Ken McDonald will take over as the head man at Western Kentucky next season. The speculation re: Knight was fun while it lasted.
- Another HOF induction for Dick Vitale – this time the National Collegiate Basketball HOF. As much as we rail this guy, we really have no problem with this. His influence on the sport (both good and bad) has been immeasurable.
Finally, we’re still reeling from that sicknasty dunk that CDR threw on Kevin Love yesterday. Some enterprising souls have already put it up on Youtube – somehow the foreign announcers makes it even more exciting.