Posted by rtmsf on June 24th, 2010
- It’s NBA Draft day, which means we get one last chance to talk about players such as Tiny Gallon, Jerome Randle, Manny Harris and Derrick Caracter before they fade off into basketball oblivion. Be sure to check out our mock draft and each of our draft profiles for the projected first round collegians to get ready for tonight.
- The NCAA’s Basketball Focus Group: an interesting idea. Just give it some teeth, gumshoes.
- Just to ensure that Texas the remaining Big 12 doesn’t get too big for its britches, Oklahoma president David Boren confirmed yesterday that the Sooners had an invitation on the table to join Texas A&M as members of an expanded SEC. Boren said that the school wanted to stay with its group and keep its traditional rivals Oklahoma State and Texas nearby (keep your enemies closer, perhaps?), though, so they turned down the offer.
- This is a pretty strong article from New York magazine that just came to our attention recently about the last great basketball scout, Tom Konchalski. For some reason, in the real-time twitter/blogger/facebook era, the fact that his scouting only comes via US Mail on paper is cool, in a retro sorta way.
- YABB’s the State of Coaching post is out, and very well done as always. Seriously, spend fifteen minutes with this thing and understand what he’s doing there. It’s very good stuff.