Yes, it’s that time again. We at Rush the Court are 100% focused and ready to provide comprehensive coverage of every scrap of interesting news that occurs in college basketball this year. The quips, the clips, the stats, and of course the commentary and analysis that so many of you come to this site for.
We’re once again kicking off the five-month sprint from the November 10th opening tipoff to the April 6th finish line in D-town with our Season Preview materials. Will anyone be able to challenge the ridiculously loaded North Carolina Tar Heels for the crown? Find out over the next several weeks as we roll out the following features beginning this weekend.
1. Conference Primers – we have 31 correspondents lined up who are experts in each of the D1 conferences in NCAA basketball; they’ll be providing comprehensive primers on the names and games to watch for this season from the America East to the West Coast Conference. Transitioning into the regular season, these correspondents will keep us up to date with their respective conferences as we roll on to March Madness 2009.
2. Feature Columnists – we also have several feature columnists lined up to write for us this year; one columnist will focus exclusively on Vegas odds in college basketball; another will provide quality pieces on timely issues facing the game at-large; and still another will provide an alternative voice to the one you’re already reading here every day.
3. Preseason Magazine Reviews – we did this last year, and will be doing this again this season with a few changes, including some additional analysis into the predictive acumen of these magazines.
4. Blogpoll - once again, we’ll be contributing to the preseason blogpoll and its various iterations as we progress through the season.
5. Projected Bracket – we’re not satisfied with simply letting the correspondents have all the fun with preseason predictions; we too will be updating a projected bracket as we get closer to opening tipoff.
5. 30 Reasons – just for fun, we’re going to provide a new YouTube feature to get everyone riled up and excited for the new season: Where 2008-09 Happens – 30 Reasons We Love College Basketball.
7. Anything Else – we’ll continue with our usual fare of linkage and thought-provoking (gulp…) commentary where appropriate. If anyone has an idea of something else they’d like to see, hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.