March Madness is finally upon us, and we here at RTC are here to make everything a little bit easier for you. From the First Four until One Shining Moment, we’ll be dropping daily tidbits of knowledge regarding the teams in each region.
- Florida coach Billy Donovan has built an outstanding program, but he’d be lying if he said he wasn’t interested in the NBA.
- Florida is the number one overall seed, but one thing Pittsburgh will not be today is intimidated.
- Coach Shaka Smart was pleased with the effort, but ultimately VCU fell to Stephen F. Austin in the bizarre final moments.
- With a reputation for not getting it done in the NCAA Tournament, UCLA coach Steve Alford has gained some relief after pulling away from the near upset by Tulsa.
- VCU seemingly pulled away, but a four point play from Dezmond Haymon resurrected underdog Stephen F. Austin and brought them to victory.
- Syracuse’s defense is suffocating in the half court, so Dayton will be looking to make today’s game a track meet.
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim isn’t convinced that Dayton will be able to get up and down against the Orange. “The pace of the game,” Boeheim said, “is dictated by whoever has the basketball.”
- After scoring a huge win yesterday over New Mexico, Stanford is ready to pull off the upset against a most likely Embiid-less Kansas.
- For the second straight season, New Mexico’s season has ended in disappointing fashion. The Lobos were down 20-4 early, but couldn’t quite come all the way back.
- Kansas did not look good in their opening matchup, but eventually pulled away from Eastern Kentucky behind 19 from freshman sensation Andrew Wiggins.
- Weber State was with them for a while, but Arizona came to its senses and took down the other Wildcats.
- Potentially bound for the NBA, Oklahoma State sophomore Marcus Smart had his NCAA Tournament hopes crushed by Gonzaga yesterday. In particular, Smart was seemingly “frustrated” by the officials.
- Despite going up against a trendy “upset” pick, Gonzaga never trailed in its victory over Oklahoma State.
- Baylor nearly gave it up late, but the Bears ultimately held tough and took down Nebraska.
- Nebraska was frustrated by Baylor all day, and their struggles carried over to coach Tim Miles as he was ejected midway through the second half.
- Late three point shooting helped Doug McDermott and Creighton survive a scare against UL-Lafayette.
- As an underdog that pulled a huge upset, is North Dakota State “America’s team?”
- Even though San Diego State beat New Mexico State, coach Steve Fisher was angry at the NCAA for its policy of making the losing team fly home after a late-night loss.
- Oregon has reaped major benefits from transfers, but is this model sustainable?
- Wisconsin certainly comes into today’s game as the favorite, but Oregon’s athleticism could give the Badgers problems.