Heading into the weekend…
- Joakim Noah’s sister can dunk! Actually, we’re not convinced that this video shows a girl, but if it is, the third dunk (two-hand chin-up) is pretty sick. We’ve never seen a girl dunk like that before.
- UNLV coach Lon Kruger is resting comfortably after a six-bypass open heart surgery procedure yesterday. Best wishes on a speedy recovery to another one of the good guys in the coaching world.
- Bruce Pearl’s Tennessee squad is heading to eastern Europe for 11 days starting next Wednesday. Often these trips help experienced teams get a leg up on their competition.
- And the winner for Best College Sports Town is Gainesville, Florida… In other news, having sex is considered fun.
- Lorenzo Romar signed a nine-year extension that could keep him at UW through 2016.
- Our gridiron brethren have released their preseason Coaches Poll – USC is #1, but who is the jokester that gave Duke a top 25 vote – Steve Spurrier?