The RTC Podcast: Jim Boeheim Meme EditionPosted by rtmsf on February 25th, 2014
One week until the first conference championship tips off (Patriot League), two weeks until Championship Week begins, and three weeks from Selection Sunday… it’s time to get serious about college basketball. Or something like that, which is probably why we spent the first 10 minutes of this week’s RTC Podcast talking about the inanity and insanity of Jim Boeheim, Jim Boeheim memes, and the magic of Tobacco Road. We also found time to discuss the sport’s most loved and hated players this season, what it means to “peak” at the right time, and preview our special NCAA Tournament Prognostication Top 25 (due out a bit later today). As always, Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114) hosts the proceedings. Have a listen.
Make sure to subscribe to the podcast/podblast on iTunes so that you’ll get all of the episodes immediately downloaded to your listening device.
- 0:00-12:26 – Questionable Call and Boeheim Freak Out Loses the Game (But Wins the Internet)
- 12:25-16:15 – What’s Next for Syracuse
- 16:15-20:28 – Big Weekend in the Big Ten
- 20:28-22:21 – What It Means to Peak at the “Right Time”
- 22:21-26:01 – Crucial Games in the American
- 26:01-28:25 – Other Notables From a Busy Weekend
- 28:25-32:50 – Concern Level for San Diego State
- 32:50-33:21 – Brief Congratulatory Interlude for Kansas
- 33:21-38:26 – Most Liked and Disliked Players in College Basketball
- 38:26-45:07 – Previewing the NCAA Tournament Prognostication Top 25
- 45:07-50:03 Week Preview/Wrap