The RTC Podcast: The KenPom EditionPosted by rtmsf on January 14th, 2014
Running very late with the post this week, but this week’s RTC Podcast has already been up on iTunes since Monday night (even more reason to subscribe and automatically get the updates as soon as they drop!). As always, Shane Conolly (@sconnolly114) hosts, guiding us through a really interesting weekend of action that included a number of upsets within conference play and some very early takeaways about a number of highly-ranked teams. There will of course also be an interesting series of emails and a fired-up #rootforthesuit segment.
We’re also pleased to bring back the Rush the Takes segment, featuring advanced metrics guru and bowling aficianado Ken Pomeroy (@kenpomeroy) this week. You’ll learn about a team that Pomeroy the fan disagrees with Pomeroy the statistician, and understand a little better what the future of advanced metrics holds in the arena of college basketball. Pomeroy gives a really good interview, and we hope that you’ll give it a listen.
- 0:00-8:41 – Iowa Hands Ohio State Another Loss
- 8:41-13:08 – Examining Other Upsets
- 13:08-19:16 – Iowa State Can’t Muster Enough Hilton Magic Against Kansas
- 19:16-30:21 – Rush The Take With Metrics Guru Ken Pomeroy
- 30:21-34:58 – Most Indispensable Player
- 34:58-39:41 – Piece of Memorabilia Worth $119,500
- 39:41-42:21 – #rootforthesuit
- 42:21-47:19 – Week Preview