Ranking the 37 Pac-12 Basketball Uniforms: Part IPosted by Connor Pelton (@ConnorPelton28) on December 23rd, 2013
After a month and a half of basketball, the Pac-12 teams have debuted 37 different uniforms. Here we rank them in a three-part series, starting from the bottom and working our way up. Today, #37 to #25.
37. Stanford’s Whites
Look, there’s nothing awful about these unis, but they are just so simple. Nothing jumps out about it, and if I had only one word to describe it, it would be boring.
36. Washington State’s Whites: The “Cougars” font is impressive, but otherwise, it’s the same story. Plain and boring.
35. Utah’s Whites
This is an interesting uniform. It has potential, but is just a bit too busy. The number is too big and distracts from what could have been a nice design underneath the “Utah.” What the design is, we’ll never know, thanks to the huge numeral covering it up.
34. Washington’s Whites: Perhaps a bit underrated down here at #34. It’s a very clean look, with a nice font on the “Huskies” and cool numerals.
33. California’s Blues
The golden dots lining the side of the uniform all the way from top to bottom is a little cutting edge and interesting, but the Yale blue color and font style drag it down to the low 30s.
32. Washington State’s Crimsons: The Crimson color is nice, but it gets a lower rating because of the simple nature. The best part is the number font. The tail on the upper left corner of the “0” looks very cool.
31. Washington’s Purples
This is solid. I like the way “Washington” arcs over the chest, and both fonts are very nice looking. Plus, purple is a good color.
30. Washington State’s Grays: Crimson lettering on the gray tops is a good look, and once again, I love how those numbers look. Underrated down here at #30.
29. Oregon’s Whites
Now that I look back on it, these might be a little high at #29. Nothing really stands out about them, but there is a nice simplicity to them.
28. USC’s Whites: This is where things get good. The cardinal lettering outlined in gold on top of the white uniform is perfect. The bottom of the shorts are also very appealing with that intricate gold design. This is one of the top white uniforms in the conference.
27. UCLA’s Whites
This one’s going to catch some heat for being so low. How can I rank a classic look like this at #27, you’re wondering? Well, nothing really catches the eye. What I do love, however, is the powder blue and gold trim along the edges.
26. California’s Grays: Gray on gray is a good look for Cal, and I like the way the blue and gold lettering rests on top of it. The new Bears logo on the shorts is also very cool, and like I said above, the dots down the side are new school and appealing.
25. USC’s Blacks: The cardinal and gold on the all-black unis is a very new school, clean look, and once again, I’m loving the design on the shorts. I also like the way “Southern California” curves around the top and the way the numbers look in the middle. Not bad, SC.
Share your own thoughts in the comments, and check back for numbers #24-#13 later this week!