The RTC Podcast: Quarter-Season Review EditionPosted by rtmsf on December 10th, 2013
As we head into finals week at many schools across the nation, it’s time to take a step back and look at some of the superlatives from the “first quarter” of the regular season. In this week’s RTC Podcast, we also welcome CBS Sports‘ analyst Doug Gottlieb to the show, where he gives us his takes on some of the early surprises and disappointments of the young season. As always, Shane Connolly is your host (@sconnolly114), and feel free to jump around the 47-minute program using the rundown below. And don’t forget to check back on Fridays for our weekly RTC Podblast, a shorter-and-sweeter quick takes review of the week’s games and a look forward to the weekends.
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record. And feel free to contact us through Twitter or email — we’re listening.
- o0:00-6:07 – Colorado’s Well-Deserved RTC
- 6:07-8:44 – Kansas’ Long Term Prospects
- 8:44-13:53 – Kentucky Solves Shooting Woes for One Game, Loses Anyway
- 13:53-15:49 – Things Don’t Get Easier for Kansas and Kentucky
- 15:49-18:01 – Talking Baylor’s Ceiling
- 18:01-28:58 – Rush The Takes With Doug Gottlieb
- 28:58-33:00 – Player of the Year Discussion
- 33:00-36:09 – Coach of the Year Discussion
- 36:09-41:04 – Re-evaluating the Resumes of Iowa State and Baylor
- 41:04- Preview This Week/Wrap