RTC Blind Resumes: March 12 EditionPosted by Daniel Evans on March 12th, 2013
On some of the days when Daniel Evans (@bracketexpert) isn’t providing us with his updated Bubble Watch or his weekly Bracketology, he’ll give us an interesting comparison of some teams that he finds difficult to distinguish.
Which of the following two teams most deserve a bid?
- Team A is Saint Mary’s. The Gaels have only one top 50 win, which came in its Bracketbusters game against Creighton. The Gaels’ other four top 100 wins came against BYU and Santa Clara, two teams that may not even make the NIT.
- Team B is Middle Tennessee. The Blue Raiders won 28 games, which would be the second highest number to ever miss out of the NCAA Tournament (29, Coastal Carolina). Middle Tennessee has zero wins against the top 50, but a great RPI may save them.
- Team C is La Salle. The Explorers have wins over VCU and Butler, plus four other wins against the top 100. With a lack of bad losses, they are in most NCAA Tournament projections at this point.
- Team D is Massachusetts. Despite struggling against the RPI top 50, the Minutemen have a pretty good track record against the rest of top 100.
- Team E is Bucknell. The Bison play Lafayette for the Patriot League crown, so there is a good chance Bucknell will not need an at-large bid. If they do, their chances are probably slim. Bucknell does have more wins against the RPI top 50 than Middle Tennessee and is only one behind Saint Mary’s, though.
For those that love blind resumes, I did an interesting one on BracketologyExpert.com today as well. A couple of the profiles may look familiar, but see how you think they compare to the other three.