Afternoon Five: 01.04.10 Edition
Posted by rtmsf on January 4th, 2010
- Mike DeCourcy correctly skewers USC officials for throwing its basketball program under the bus to save the cash-cow football program. It’s a classic negotiation technique that nobody will ever admit on the record to doing — give up something you don’t really care about to protect the thing that you do (apparently others have seen through this mirage as well). Sad for Mike Gerrity and company. The hope here is that these players win the Pac-10 regular season and celebrate in style (see: Kentucky 1991).
- Bill & Mary: the plucky little Tribe that could.
- Bruce Pearl apologized to anyone who would listen — including Tennessee women’s coach Pat Summit — for his four players’ arrests last week where they were found with drugs and guns in a rental car. That’s all fine and well, but what’s going to be the verdict on these guys, Coach?
- Jeff Goodman analyzes what people are calling Kentucky’s x-factor this year: the head of talented center DeMarcus Cousins. If he keeps it, the Cats could go all the way; if he doesnt’…
- Step right up! Get your official signed logo UConn basketball from “HOF Legend” Alex Oriakhi. Yes, for $99.99 you can be the proud owner of this certain treasure as you watch its value exponentially grow on your mantle! (for those of you wondering, Oriakhi is a nice player… he averaged 5/9/2 blks in 29 MPG… he has a long way to go to be worth paying $100 for a signed ball, though)
Leave a Reply