04.07.09 Fast Breaks: Championship Post-MortemPosted by rtmsf on April 7th, 2009
Several things to get up, so we’ll be updating this throughout the day…
- NBA Early Entry news: Kentucky’s Jodie Meeks will test the waters, but he will not sign with an agent (expect him back); South Carolina’s Devan Downey will do the same (also expect him back).
- POY Decision. Oklahoma’s all-world and probable #1 overall pick Blake Griffin will make his announcement at 3:30 EDT today (um, GONE). Update: Gone.
- The UNC Guys. UNC’s Ed Davis has already decided that he’s returning next season, but Roy Williams said he’s unsure about what his two junior stars (Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington) will do (expect them both to leave).
- In Case You Missed It. Wake’s James Johnson is going pro and has already signed with an agent. He’s 22 yrs old and a projected top 20 pick, so this makes sense.
- Pittsed Off. DeJuan Blair will reportedly announce his intention to go pro next week.
- Good Luck, Sean Miller. Chase Budinger will hire an agent and go to the NBA, but Nic Wise will not hire an agent as he ascertains his draft position.
- ASU Not Immune. James Harden said that he is also leaving the Sun Devil program.
- Tough Day for Louisville. Not only did UConn spank them, but Earl Clark has decided to go pro.
- At FSU, Once in 10 Years is Fine. Leonard Hamilton got a five-year extension on his contract, ensuring another half-decade of mediocrity in Tallahassee.
- NCAA Championship Ratings. The final game blowout wasn’t good for CBS, but the Tournament as a whole was. Interesting, considering there were, like, four, good games.
- BBall Prospectus. Why turnovers doomed MSU last night.