06.13.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on June 13th, 2008
A little Friday the 13th juice to go with you gin this weekend…
- Will it be a house of horrors in Seattle today for Indiana? IU is meeting with the NCAA (and Kelvin Sanctions) in a hearing to ascertain just how screwed the program is going to be in the wake of phonegate. Considering Tom Crean only has one scholarship player returning, the Hoosiers are already screwed. The Indy Star is liveblogging from the proceedings today…
- Maybe Indiana should have hired this guy – The Fixer – to help with today’s proceedings. Oh, wait, Kelvin already did…
- Florida’s Marreese Speights supposedly announced he was leaving Florida yesterday, but a report surfacing today suggests that he’s still on the fence about it.
- Arizona’s Chase Budinger is still thinking about whether to return next year, but he is apparently a strong lean toward going into the draft - he has until Monday (June 16) to make a final decision.
- There are twenty players still thinking about the draft decision before Monday’s deadline, and Gary Parrish decided to help them out with their decisions.
- Memphis guard and exquisite standardized test-taker Doneal Mack is leaving the program due to playing time issues. Um, doesn’t Mack realize that most of the Tiger starters are gone?
- More draft coverage – apparently Michael Beasley is having trouble shaking off his perception of being the class clown; and DeAndre Jordan is having issues with his mental toughness being as soft as charmin.
- The contract terms of former LSU coach John Brady’s agreement with Arkansas St. came out yesterday. There’s no mention of whether the deal includes a fully-paid membership to the local houses of burlesque.