06.07.07 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on June 7th, 2007
- Yes, you heard correctly. The Hair (aka Quin Snyder) is now coaching in the NBDL for the Austin Toros. No word on whether he’s brought out his master motivational techniques yet.
- Clemson’s James Mays withdrew his name from the NBA Draft. He is exactly who the withdrawal rule was intended for – we’re glad to see it working.
- Shocker! Going to class equals a better GPA for student-athletes?!!? What will the good folks at Georgia think of next?
- According to Justin Young at Rivals, the Big East, led by Syracuse and Villanova, brought in the most talent this year, with seven of the top thirty recruiting classes of 2007. The Pac-10, led by USC and Arizona, is second, enlisting five of the top thirty classes.
- The Orlando Sentinel has a clever take on the winners and losers of the Billy Donovan fiasco.
- Finally, we’re taking the Spurs in 5 over Cleveland. The Witnesses will have to wait another couple of years.