The RTC Podcast: NCAA First Weekend Review EditionPosted by rtmsf on March 25th, 2014
It was a whirlwind of a four-day weekend, but the guys survived along with 16 schools still vying for a national championship, and found some time on Monday evening to review the weekend’s events. From Iowa State and North Carolina trading punches in an instant classic to Wichita State and Kentucky doing same, and everything else in between, Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114) walks us through all of the best action from over the weekend. Keep in mind that on Wednesday we will release our Sweet Sixteen preview pod featuring our correspondents who will be reporting from each of the four sites this weekend. The full rundown is below.
Be sure to add the podcast to your lineup on iTunes so that you’ll get all of our ongoing coverage throughout the NCAA Tournament.
- 0:00-8:39 – Iowa State Comes Up With Crazy Win Over North Carolina
- 8:39-13:07 – Baylor Brings Doug McDermott’s Career to a Premature End
- 13:07-13:50 – Less Than Exciting Orlando Games
- 13:50-21:34 – Kentucky Hands Wichita Its First Loss
- 21:34-28:50 – Wiggins and Kansas Go Out With a Whimper
- 28:50-31:26 – Dayton Downs Syracuse
- 31:26-34:40 – UConn Beats Former Conference Foe Villanova And What It Means for Both Conferences
- 34:40-36:14 – Top Teams Cruise
- 36:14-39:15 – Tennessee “Cinderella” Run as a Double Digit Seed
- 39:15-45:48 – Best Moments of the First Weekend