Hatin’ Larry Krystkowiak: Christmas EditionPosted by Connor Pelton (@ConnorPelton28) on December 20th, 2013
A Pac-12 adaption of Every Day Should Be Saturday’s Hatin’ Steve Spurrier character.
- Well, Barry Hinson, you may have gone viral and put Southern Illinois on the map for the first time in a while, but you’re not going to like what’s in your stocking on Wednesday.
- Washington‘s two-game winning streak will likely come to an end this weekend against Connecticut. Will we see another two straight wins for the Dawgs this season? Are Idaho State and Tulane on the schedule again? The answer is in there somewhere.
- Oregon State‘s celebrating Christmas in Hawaii for the Diamond Head Classic, meaning it will have played games in the DC area, Chicago, and Honolulu in the first two months of the season. Someone tell Craig Robinson he doesn’t have to schedule every city inhabited by President Obama at some point or another.
- Time to brag about my team. Nine wins y’all. What’s that you say about the third easiest schedule in the nation? Haters gonna hate.
- It sucks that Roberto Nelson was ejected for throwing a punch (skip to 1:07 of the video to view) against Towson on Wednesday, but at least that’s the toughest defense the Beavers have played all season. Regardless, Nelson makes Santa’s naughty list.
- Of course, no punishment was given to Tiger forward Marcus Damas for retaliating with a kick to Nelson’s groin. Pac-12 refs gotta Pac-12 ref.
- Washington State basketball is like having relatives come in for the holidays. You think you’ll regret it coming in, and you end up being right two hours later.
- “Happy Xmas (War is Over)” was actually written about the Cougars’ non-conference slate.
- Stanford getting a top 10 win on the road? It’s a Christmas miracle. Check your stocking for a little extra job security, Johnny Dawkins.
- The biggest miracle so far this season has to be Andy Enfield‘s eight-win USC team dropping a 72-71 decision to Long Beach State last night, a team that had lost nine in a row. It will still be a merry Christmas for Enfield, however.
- Hate to break it to that passionate fan base in Westwood (see: attendance), but this is what happens when you’re warming up with games against Sacramento State and Prairie View A&M.
- That young whippersnapper Zach LaVine sure is something. Reminds me of myself and my athleticism when I was that age.
- Merry Christmas to all, and to all an enjoyable vacation next week. Kick back, watch some holiday hoops and bowl games, and get ready. Conference play is coming.