Morning Five: New Year’s Eve Edition
Posted by rtmsf on December 31st, 2009
- Jason King at Yahoo gives his midseason all-americans, and it’s a strong list. Surprising inclusion – Baylor’s Ekpe Udoh. Surprising exclusions – Ohio State’s Evan Turner (despite the injury), and Wake Forest’s Al-Farouq Aminu.
- ESPN.com ranks the decade’s best NCAA Tournament and non-Tourney games. Pretty good list.
- Want to learn how Duke-Carolina became THE rivalry in college basketball sports in the modern era. A good read by Dan Wiederer who maps it out over the last two decades-plus.
- Andy Glockner takes a look at the first two months of the season and the results of the games that will matter most when it comes to Selection Sunday in about 75 days.
- We know that the RPI as an objective measurement of the relative strength of teams is (mostly) worthless, but the NCAA Selection Committee still uses it, among other things, so we like to keep an eye on it from time to time. What’s interesting about this is that the A10 is so high (4th), while the Big Ten is comically below the Pac-10 (7th).
Leave a Reply