11.24.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on November 24th, 2008
Feasting on a feastly week of hoops… here’s the news…
- Remember 73-yr old Ken Mink’s first game where he scored two points? We wondered who and how he could possibly get fouled?!? Believe it or not, watch the video here of this CBS News report where Mink pump-fakes on the wing and gets hammered by some 19-year old defender (#23) who never learned to properly close out on shooters.
- Loyola Marymount head coach Bill Bayno is taking a leave of absence from his position, effective immediately, due to an undisclosed medical condition.
- UCLA’s Alfred Aboya didn’t break his hand in Friday’s game against SIU, but SIU’s Nick Evans did (out 4-6 weeks).
- Another blow for St. John’s basketball – their best player Anthony Mason, Jr is out for the year with a torn tendon is his foot (ouch).
- The 2009 Maui began today, but the 2010 field is already set with: UConn, Kentucky, Washington, Wichita St., Michigan St., Oklahoma, Virginia and Chaminade.
- More changes at Arizona – they’re bailing on their home-and-home with UNC starting next year.
- Oh, and this. Erin Andrews at the UNC game (h/t Deadspin). Dude must have had RTC up on his cell phone to explain his lack of interest in what was in front of him.