11.05.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on November 5th, 2008
Some post-election madness in the college hoops world…
- You’re my boy, Blue! RTC fav Ken Mink scored two foul shots in his debut for Roane State Monday night (which makes him 71% better than Ish Smith), for his first collegiate points in fifty-two years. Props to Deadspin for mentioning this, but we had the same thought – who fouls a 73-year old basketball player? Seriously, dude, move your feet a little.
- Ohio St. forward Nicola Kecman will miss twelve games stemming from his association with a semi-pro team in his native Serbia. His first game back will be Jan. 6 at Michigan St.
- The Daily Tar Heel reports that Tyler Hansbrough may only miss two weeks of practice relating to his stress reaction after all. We’re still not sure they’re getting through November unbeaten, though.
- Nice, Arizona. AD Jim Livengood denied freshman center Jeff Withey’s request for release from his scholarship. We see no possible good coming out of this.
- The legendary Gus Gilchrist received his waiver from the NCAA and will be eligible to play for Stan Heath’s South Florida team on Dec. 14 – set your Tivos now.
- Interesting thought – will Barack Obama’s presidency help Craig Robinson’s recruiting efforts in any way at all? It’s worth tracking…
- Ten Freshmen to Watch.
- We couldn’t agree more with the inclusion of Hasheem Thabeet on this list.