05.19.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on May 19th, 2008
Hope everyone had a superb weekend…
- Former GW and St. John’s head coach Mike Jarvis is reportedly resurfacing at Florida Atlantic University, not to be confused with fellow resurfacer and former FAU coach Matt Doherty (toiling his wares at SMU (24-37) the last two seasons). And yes, we know you were wondering, but “Coach Doh” is now “blogging,” as the kids are calling it. His posts on “Pizza and Ball” and “C-Paul” and simply brilliant – Agent Zero has nothing on Doh.
- Kansas Associate AD Jim Marchiony says nothing to see here with respect to the Darrell Arthur grade-changing scandal in high school. If Arthur were returning to KU next year, he may face some kind of suspension (assuming all of the allegations are true), but Kansas’ role in validating his HS transcript probably ended when it was accepted by the NCAA Clearinghouse.
- Scout came out with its final Top 100 Seniors of 2008 – Arizona’s Brandon Jennings is their top choice. #71 on that list, Emmanuel Negedu, wants out of his commitment to Arizona, citing coaching confusion as the reason for his change of heart. Gary Parrish stays in the Pac-10 to rate UCLA as his top class of 2008 (5 players in the top 50).
- We know that Michael Beasley and Derrick Rose will be 1-2 in next month’s draft, but who will be the #3 player selected?
- Are Coach K’s Olympic Team commitments taking a toll on Duke?
- Egads, so Billy Gillispie isn’t a drunk swimming in hotel pools with topless coeds after all?!?!
- Oh my, in the Reverand Wright vein of knowing who you associate with, please tell us that Barack Obama knows about these photos of one of his top aides, former Dookie (and TeaBagged) Reggie Love.