05.07.08 Fast BreaksPosted by rtmsf on May 7th, 2008
Today’s rantings of a wild man…
- Duke promoted former Devil (96-01) Nate James to assistant coach in Johnny Dawkins’ old spot, ensuring that K’s bench is now filled with former underachievers feisty players.
- Lots of bad things happening at Arizona these days.
- South Carolina’s Devan Downey apparently decked someone on campus last week (he has been suspended).
- Transfers – Jeremiah Rivers (Doc’s son) is leaving Georgetown, and Indiana’s Eli Holman (of potted plant fame) is following an assistant coach (Ray McCallum) to Detroit Mercy.
- Bob Huggins’ new contract with WVU stipulates he can be fired for habitual intoxication. Habitual intoxication… is that three or four times a week?
- Billy Gillispie has his eye on a few more middle schoolers besides Michael Avery for the class of 2012.
- There were 69 early entries this year, many of whom are only “testing the waters.” Goodman says this puts coaches in a bind.
- The Jewish Jordan (Zach Feinstein) seeks to top the NBA Draft this year…
- Alabama St. (mostly football) and Florida International show that not only the big boys are cheating these days.
- We missed this a week or so ago, but Dan Hanner at YABB has some great data (regressions are fun, kids!) on coaches and how well they recruit and perform in the regular season and NCAA Tournament.
- M2M is counting down the top 10 most embarrassing moments in college basketball history. Some good stuff on there.