The regular season is over, Championship Week is here, and it’s now or never for all of the teams that have talked a rather big game but haven’t necessarily backed it up with their play on the court. To that end, we’re going to be rolling out nine RTC Podblasts this week, one to preview each of the seven power conference tournaments as well as the Atlantic 10 and the Mountain West (to scroll through all that have been released, click here). In this, our ACC Tournament edition, RTC microwriter Matt Patton (@rise_and_fire) joins us to discuss a top-heavy field headed to Greensboro. The Big East, AAC, SEC and Big 12 Tournament pods were released on Monday, and the Big Ten and Pac-12 Tourney previews came out earlier today. Be sure to check back for the A-10 and MW preview podblasts tomorrow. Enjoy!
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record.
- 0:00-3:17 – Virginia Earned Its ACC Title
- 3:17-8:06 – Best ACC Team and NCAA Tournament Potential
- 8:06-12:09 – Disappointing ACC Teams
- 12:09-13:51 – Predictions to Be Proud Of
- 13:51-20:29 – ACC POY and First Team Discussion
- 20:29-23:43 – Is Virginia the Favorite in Greensboro?
- 23:43-25:43 – Dark Horse Picks
- 25:43-28:04 – Pitt’s Upside/Downside in the ACC Tournament
- 28:04-30:53 – Team With the Most to Gain
- 30:53-33:40 – Final Thoughts on the ACC Tournament