We’re just a little over a week from the start of games across this fair nation, and that means it’s time to preview each of the major seven basketball conferences on the RTC Podcast. This week we’ll unveil previews for the Big East (Tuesday), Big Ten (Wednesday), SEC (Thursday) and Pac-12 (Friday), with the AAC, ACC and Big 12 to come next week. As always, Shane Connolly (@sconnolly114) is our talented and engaging host, leading the group through a series of topics and questions related to the upcoming season. For this podblast, we invited longtime RTC correspondent and Big East aficianado Brian Otskey (@botskey) to the program, as he helped us navigate through what to expect from a Big East Conference that looks quite a bit different from what we’ve gotten accustomed to.
Make sure to add the RTC Podcast to your iTunes lineup so that you’ll automatically upload it on your listening device after we record. And don’t forget to check out our 2013-14 Preseason Podcast, the National Edition, and feel free to contact us through Twitter or email — we’re listening.
The rundown is below if you’d like to skip around.
- 0:00-6:06 – Marquette Finally Gets Preseason Love
- 6:06-9:55 – Best of the Rest in the Big East (Creighton, Georgetown)
- 9:55-13:46 – Big East Middle Tier and the former A-10 teams (St. John’s, Providence, Villanova, Butler, Xavier)
- 13:46-15:08 – Team Set to Disappoint (Providence, St. John’s)
- 15:08-16:40 – Randy’s New Favorite Team – Big East Style
- 16:40-18:45 – Battle for Big East’s Second Best Player
- 18:45-20:16 – Player Key For His Team to Take a Leap
- 20:16-21:47 – Player That May Fall Short of Expectations
- 21:47-25:07 – Perception of the New Big East
- 25:07-27:02 – Big East Bold Predictions