Folks, the season is finally here! With three ranked teams in the top-10 of the national polls, the Big Ten is ready to once again make its case as the deepest conference in college basketball. Over the next five months, our team of Big Ten writers – Jonathan Batuello, Brendan Brody, Deepak Jayanti, Max Jakubowski and Alex Moscoso – will provide our insights about the conference we love. To prepare you for the season, we’ve outlined all the posts we’ve written about each of the 12 teams in the league, listed below (sorry, Minnesota, we owe you one).
Overall League Coverage
- RTC All-Big Ten First and Second teams.
- Who is the Big Ten’s best three-point shooter? We take a closer look at the analytics.
- RTC Big Ten Freshman of the Year: Noah Vonleh.
- RTC Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year candidates.
- The league features several good sophomores this year, but not everybody is ready to make the leap.
- None of the Big Ten coaches are on the “hot seat” this season, but each coach’s situation is discussed in a two-part series: Part I and Part II.
- The non-conference schedule is analyzed in a two-part series: Part I and Part II.
- Jim Delany‘s comments at Big Ten media day could indicate where conference re-alignment is headed over the next few years.
- We discuss the key injuries hounding the Big Ten teams.
- Your Big Ten Twitter must-follow list.
- One of the main concerns for the Spartans could be crunch-time scoring. The consistency of senior guard Keith Appling will be a pivotal factor in their run toward the Final Four.
- Gary Harris could have left for the NBA after one season at East Lansing. He is back to lead the Spartans to a Final Four, but we examine his case for the Big Ten Player of the Year.