Folks, we’re only five weeks from the first games… just sayin…
- Sixteen months after agreeing to return to Florida after about-facing on the Orlando Magic job, Billy Donovan finally signed his contract.
- Fooling with the Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun setup of the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament because of gas prices is pure folly – surely the NCAA isn’t that stupid, is it?
- This is a pretty interesting NY Times article on how YouTube is changing the world of prospect identification and recruiting.
- More foolishness involving the Gazelle Group – they’re apparently trying to move UMass to a different subregional in the CvC at the last minute.
- The difficulty of playing in the Big East, where 9 teams could be top-25 worthy this year. Although Jameson at B/R makes a compelling argument that Georgetown is wildly overrated this year.
- Ok, so it turns out that the George Mason F4 rings on Ebay were stolen and will be returned to the rightful owner, Dr. Scherrens. Nice investigative work by Chris Brooks over at B/R.
- Gary Parrish continues with his ‘seedy underbelly’ offseason theme.
- So what you’re saying is that the SEC will get seven teams in the NCAA Tournament next year (and deserve four)?
- So who wants to bet on which coach will have the better 08-09 campaign – Marquette’s Buzz Williams or Indiana’s Tom Crean?