Michael Hurley is the RTC correspondent for the Pac-10 Conference.
- Last week’s player of the week, UCLA’s Michael Roll, was back in a reserve roll and scored five points in 26 minutes.
- Early on in the Pac-10 schedule will dictate if the Arizona St. Sun Devils are for real, as , their first two games are at Stanford and Cal. Four of Arizona State’s wins have come against teams with two wins or fewer, including winless Mississippi Valley State.
- In Arizona’s win Chase Budinger played 40 minutes for already the fifth time this season, In all of last year he only played 40 minutes or more four times.
- Cal is shooting a nation best 50.6 percent from three-point range. Theo Robertson leads the country at 61.5 percent and Jerome Randle is in fifth at 56.1 percent.
- Stanford is one of only six teams still undefeated in Division I competition.
Player of the week- Calvin Haynes – Calvin Haynes of Oregon State scored 24 of the Beaver’s 59 points in the victory over Seattle. He shot 6-for-9 from the field and went 10-for-12 from the stripe.
Honorable Mention: Jrue Holiday of UCLA who scored 12 points, had 10 rebounds, and had 5 assists in the Bruin’s win. James Harden of Arizona State who scored 24 points this week for the Sun Devils.