T-minus one week until the first games…
- Pitt’s Sam Young may be changing positions (from PF to SF) to shore up the Panthers’ three-point shooting.
- Xavier’s presumptive PG, freshman Mark Lyons, was ruled ineligible to play this season, putting XU in a pinch at the PG position unless IU transfer Jordan Crawford’s waiver to play immediately is approved by the NCAA.
- AP All-Americans – Hansbrough, Harongody, Griffin, Collison, Curry
- Some exhibition games – Notre Dame, Louisville (who struggled), and Purdue.
- A fine interview with a player who almost pulled off one of the greatest first-round NCAA upsets ever. Here’s a hint – Alonzo Mourning was involved.
- Parrish’s non-BCS top 15 and all-americans. Jameson Fleming provides us with his nine sensational sophomores – where’s Patrick Patterson, JF!?!
- In case you missed it, SI had an in-depth article outlining the mess that Tom Crean inherited at Indiana, including allegations of drug use and 19 “F”s on the Hoosiers’ report cards last year.
- We’re still not sure if this is a joke or legit, but the idea of PETA getting involved in a Memphis player’s weight issues is simply bizarre.